She’s had a breakthrough and I’d like to share how you can do the same if you are unclear about a new idea, project or business concept.
I’m on stage in front of about 160 people just after delivering my “More Money, More Impact” presentation. It was well received and afterwards I was invited back to the stage by Michael Hyatt (who was co-hosting the event with his business partner Ken Davis).
That’s when something magical happened.
Twenty minutes later, my body began reacting to that moment.
I was literally speechless and tears began streaming down my face.
It was easily one of the most incredible moments of my life.
Thanks to Michael’s AMAZING wife Gail, that moment was captured on video (which you can see below along with my follow up thoughts).
Understanding the reasons behind a purchase can really help you position what you have to offer. If you know the “real” reason someone is purchasing from you, marketing your products is much easier and more effective.
As the old saying goes, people aren’t buying the drill, they’re really buying the hole in the wall.
So with that, here are the 7 most common reasons people buy…
Why haven’t you launched it yet?
For over two years my team and I have been working on one of our biggest projects to date and although it was “technically” ready about 8 months after we started, something held us (cough, cough, me) back from getting it out to the world.
Not anymore. It’s now ready for the world to see (and it’s about time!).
This took way longer than it should have so to save you from the same struggle, here are 5 steps I discovered to finally get over the “hump” and make forward progress.
Now think about one you don’t.
What’s the difference?
Chances are, one made your life easier or better and the other somehow complicated things or frustrated you.
One major key to building a company that people love, is to make things easy for your customers. From the way you communicate to the way you sell, if you simplify things for the customer today, you will win customers over for years to come.
Below is a simple example of what I mean. I’ve also included five areas every business owner can improve to get more business.
I decided to create this process after my drive to the airport. While in my car I began listening to some podcasts and inevitably, I had some ideas. The problem was, I didn’t have an easy way to capture them.
The book $100 Startup is a great example.
It’s full of awesome case studies of people “doing it” – building a business that serve them and their lifestyle.
So when I found out the author (Chris Guillebeau) was coming to town, I sent him a quick email and setup a time to chat.
We recorded the whole thing on video.
I look back and it’s easy to understand “where” the time went.
But the flip side is I feel like I lost myself a little bit.
You ever get that way?
For me, several BIG opportunities began flowing my way (which was exciting) and one project after another began to stack up.
I was energized about all of them and just put my nose to the grindstone in order to get these projects completed – hence the craziness of the last three months.
Financially, it was worth it.
However, there was a downside…
What if I told you that there was?
In fact, I have a good friend who recently did just that!
A few weeks ago she was “in studio” being interviewed by Oprah during her hour long “Super Soul Sunday” show.
How did she do it?
That’s what I’m about to discuss…
A customer friendly support desk that is easy to use, priced well and helps you minimize time spent providing support to your customers.
Now you can easily create a membership site by using WordPress and this powerful new membership software. Trusted by over 40,000 membership sites and online communities!
- Why Do People Buy? (21)
- Stu McLaren - I know right? Maybe it's the glory of having a go-to travel option? –
- Lisa Ann Schreier - Good article. Although I'm more confused than before as to why anyone purchases a timeshare... –
- 5 Steps To Overcome The Fear of Launching (10)
- David Prochaska - This is so true, Stu. I think we are all guilty of this at one... –
- How To Get Clear On Your Ideas (11)
- Stu McLaren - Thanks Sharon! –
- Stu McLaren - My wife L.O.V.E.S Thailand. In fact, we are planning on spending next winter there for... –
- Stu McLaren - You ROCK Kelly! Seriously appreciate you and all your positive energy. RE: Pedi - Ummm... –
- Kelly Rudolph - Stu, I JUST received an email a few minutes ago from a woman who got... –
- Chloé Arnold - Mission trips and hang around great leaders! Great suggestion! –
- Chloé Arnold - Absolutely LOVE this!! Great tweetable. I like your wife's way of thinking. Travel somewhere new.... –
- Sharon Spano - Well, I just finished reading a book entitled, Beyond the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.... –
- Stu McLaren - Well after hearing just a few quick stories while she has been away, it's now... –
- Stu McLaren - I totally agree with you on the mission trips. We have something similar each year... –
- Older »
- Why Do People Buy? (21)